If you are looking for a new cooling system, you will find that you have several options. Choosing the best option for your house includes things like your comfort preferences, your home’s construction, and more.
Types Of Air Conditioning Units
There are several systems that you can choose from, and they include:
• Air conditioner. An air conditioner is a whole-home cooling system. Heat is removed by using cooling components, refrigerator lines, and more.
• Heat pump. A heat pump will remove heat from your home by extracting it. Cooler air is then delivered back into your home. Heat pumps will have a unit outside and an air handler inside.
• Ductless air conditioners. Ductless air conditioners are great for individual zones. These air handlers will be installed in each room that you want to be cooled. They will then be connected outside to an exterior unit.
How To Choose The Right AC?
When it comes to ac installation, there are several things that you will need to consider when choosing the right system. Some things to consider include:
• Budget. A new cooling system can be expensive, so you will want to take your time and figure out how much you can afford. Many HVAC companies will have specials, discounts, and more, so make sure that you check out what the company has to offer. In some cases, you may be able to finance a new air conditioning system through your local utility company.
• Whole-home comfort. If you want a whole-home comfort, you have several options. If you have existing ductwork or you have the room to install new ductwork, you can go with a heat pump or air conditioning system.
• You need both heating and cooling. If you want to heat and cool your home, you will need a heat pump or a ductless air system that has built-in heating. A heat pump works in reverse of how it does in the summertime by extracting heat from the outdoor air and putting it into your home. Ductless air conditioners can have pan heaters that will provide warmth to individual rooms when you need them to.
• I have a home without ductwork. If you have a home without ductwork, you will need to consider installing ductwork or going with a ductless solution. Ductless air conditioners do not require ductwork. These air handlers will be placed in individual rooms, and the air will come out of them when it is needed to cool the room.
• Zoned cooling. If you want to have zoned cooling, you can do that with any air conditioning system, however, it is easier to do with a ductless system. Each air handler will be installed in individual rooms, giving you a zoned area. If you do choose a heat pump or air conditioner, these can be zoned by using a network of dampers that regulate airflow throughout the house. Individual thermostats are then installed in each room of the home.
• Energy costs. If you want to keep energy costs down, each one has its advantages. A heat pump is great because they do not use a lot of electricity and are highly efficient. If you choose an air conditioner, you will want to make sure that you choose one with a high SEER rating. The federal minimum for SEER ratings is 13 to 14. Air conditioners can go up to 26 SEERS for maximum reduction in energy costs.
Once you decide on what you want to get, your air conditioning installation day will be scheduled. Installation should take no more than a day, and you can expect to find that your house is cool and comfortable soon.